If you are doing the preparation of a secondary school teacher (SST) then you must need high quality material for that test. Our website See All Jobs (www.seealljobs.com) gives daily jobs updates and also provides quality materials for any test preparation. Following Most Repeated SPSC SST MCQs were selected from the Ninth class physics book. Just read the below Most Repeated SPSC SST MCQs – Physics Questions Answers and pass the test with great marks.
1. A worldwide system of measurements in which the units of base quantities were introduced is called
b) international system of units
c) hexadecimal system
d) none of above
2. All accurately known digits and first doubtful digit in an expression are known as
a) non-significant figures
b) significant figures
c) estimated figures
d) crossed figures
3. If zero line of Vernier scale coincides with zero of main scale, then zero error is
a) positive b) zero
c) negative d) one
4. zero error of the instrument is
a) systematic error b) human error
c) random error d) classified error
5. Length, mass, electric current, time, intensity of light and amount of substance are examples of
a) base quantities b) derived quantities
c) prefixes d) quartile quantities
6. Scalar Quantities have …………. and suitable unit.
a) magnitude b) direction c) both a and b
7. Vector quantities have …………. along with magnitude and unit.
a) Magnitude b) direction c) both a and b
8. Which one is a vector quantity ………….
a) Mass b) Weight c) time
9. Distance is a ………….quantity.
a) Vector b) Scalar c) both a and b
10. What is SI unit of acceleration
a) ms-1 b) (m/s2) c) nm
11. What is a SI Unit of Velocity…………..
a) Nm-1 b) ms-2 c) m/s
12. Shortest distance between two points is called
a) distance b) speed c) displacement
13. Newton’s First law of motion is also known as law of
a) speed b) rest
c) inertia d) force
14. Quantity of matter contained in the body is called______.
a) mass b) volume
c) area d) weight
15.Quantity of motion contained in a body is called
a) force b) inertia
c) momentum d) gravity
16. Law of conservation of momentum defines that the total momentum of a system of two bodies before and after collision__________.
a) remains constant
b) retains more momentum
c) losses some momentum
d) None of above is true
17. Weight of a body can be measured using a spring balance, it differs from place to place because of variation in _________.
a) acceleration b) gravitational pull
c) velocity d) size of spring balance
18. It is easier to push an empty shopping cart than a full one, because the filled cart has more mass than the empty one. This can be expressed by
a) F > m b) F < m
c) Fa 1/m d) F µ m
19. Centrifugal force is always directed
a) towards centre
b) away from centre
c) along the circular path
d) all sides
20. Friction opposes motion between two bodies in contact because of
a) charges on bodies
b) weight of bodies
c) roughness of surfaces
d) None of above
21. Which statement is true for limiting frictional force.
a) it is greater than rolling friction
b) it is greater that sliding friction
c) it is greater that kinetic friction
d) all are true
22. A pair of unlike parallel forces having different lines force produce———-.
a) equilibrium b) torque
c) a couple d) unstable equilibrium
23. Head to tail rule can be used to add———— forces.
a) two b) three
c) five d) any number of
24. A force of 15 N makes an angle of 60° with horizontal. Its vertical component will be:
a) 15N b) 10N
c) 13N d) 7 N
25. A body is in equilibrium when it has
a) uniform speed b) uniform acceleration
c) both a and b d) zero acceleration
26. A body is in stable equilibrium after slight tilt if its Centre of gravity
a) remains above the point of contact
b) remains on one side of point of contact
c) passes over the point of contact
d) is at lowest position
27. A body is in unstable equilibrium after slight tilt if its center of gravity
a) remains on one side of the point of contact
b) remains above the point of contact
c) passes over the point of contact
d) is positioned at its bottom
28. A body is in neutral equilibrium when its Centre of gravity
a) Is at the lowest position
b) Remains at same height
c) Is at highest position
d) Is at its base
29. Bunsen burner is made stable by
a) Increasing its length
b) Increasing its mass
c) Decreasing its base area
d) Increasing its base area
30. A tight rope walker carries a long pole to
a) Increase his weight
b) Raise his Centre of gravity
c) Lower his Centre of gravity
d) Keep his Centre of gravity in fixed position
31.Stability of a racing car is increased by
a) Increasing its height
b) Raising its Centre of gravity
c) Decreasing its width
d) Lowering its Centre of gravity
32. The springs in brakes and clutches are used
a) To restore original position
b) To measure forces
c) To absorb shocks
d) To absorb strain energy
33. If the material recovers the original dimensions, when an external force is removed, this deformation is known as ______ deformation.
a) Inelastic b) Permanent
c) Elastic d) Irreversible
34. Which of the following material is more elastic?
a) Rubber b) Glass
c) Steel d) Wood
35. If a spring stretches easily then its spring constant has _____.
a) Large value b) Small value
c) Constant Value d) Both (a) and (b)
36. What is the unit for the spring constant?
a) Nm-2 b) Nm-1
c) N/m2 d) N/m
36. Which of the following is not a unit of pressure?
a) Pascal b) Bar
c) Atmosphere d) Newton
37. The motion of a falling ball towards Earth is due to the ———–.
b) Gravitational force
c) Acceleration due to gravity
d) Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
38. Newton’s law of gravitation holds between every two objects on the ———–.
a) on Earth b) on Jupiter
c) on Moon d) on Universe
39. Gravitational field of Earth is directed ————–.
a) towards the Earth b) towards the Sun
c) towards the Moon d) away from Earth
40. ——————– was the first scientist who gave the concept of gravitation.
a) Einstein b) Newton
c) Faraday d) Maxwell
41. Gravitational force is always ————-.
a) Repulsive b) Attractive
c) Both d) None of these
42. Numerical value of —————– remains constant every where.
a) g b) G
c) F d) W
43. Gravitation force is ————- of the medium between the objects.
a) Dependent b) Independent
c) Both ‘a’ and ‘b’ d) None of these
44. Newton’s law of gravitation is consistent with Newton’s —————— law of motion.
a) 1 b) 2
c) 3 d) All of them
45. Spring balance is used to measure —————.
a) Mass b) Weight
c) Elasticity d) Density
46. Your weight as measured on Earth will be ——— on Moon.
a) Increased b) Decreased
c) Remains same d) None of these
47. ————- is a natural satellite.
a) Earth b) Jupiter
c) Moon d) Mars
48. A communication satellite completes its one revolution around the Earth in ————— hours.
a) 6 b) 12
c) 18 d) 24
49. The velocity of a satellite is ————- of its mass.
a) Independent b) Dependent
c) Equal d) Double
50. —————– are used to put satellites into orbits.
a) Helicopter b) Aeroplane
c) Rocket d) None of these
51. Which one is a scalar Quantity………….
a) time b) Force c) Velocity
Do you want to know about STS Portal – STS Slip Download Guide 2024 ?